We have always been a believer in incorporating customer feedback and ideas into our software but have not historically made our roadmap and which of these ideas that get included, public.
In the early days of PDS, we use to plan our development work via TFS (Microsoft Team Foundation Services) and email. Always following a Scrum Agile Development framework, development work and bug fixes in PDS were conducted in fixed-length iterations called sprints.
As 2016 came to an end, we started managing a larger internal development team (Java, .NET, iOS, SQL developers) and started planning 2017. We spent a lot of time thinking about what we wanted to accomplish in 2017 in PDS and the features we wanted to present to our customers. These challenges forced us to invest in a new project management tool and better roadmap our high-level plans.
This change in our project management process has given us clearer focus on the weekly development needs for PDS, is enabling us to better plan, execute and deliver improvements in PDS and is giving us a more stable application overall.
In addition to this, we have also better documented our testing processes. Developing detailed and comprehensive testing for every feature in the PDS software. We still have a long way to go with this, but we are already seeing the merits in our commitment to this improvement.
For PDS, our long-term success is measured by the acceptance of our product as an “industry” standard and the number of active customers. Everything on our roadmap is designed to contribute to this by:
- Keeping existing customers happy and giving them opportunities to use PDS for more within their business.
- Expanding the range of scenarios and industries PDS can be applied to.
- Making PDS more intuitive and reliable to use.
By the end of 2017
- PDS will have implemented all modules (PDS Idler, PDS Wear, PDS Inspect and PDS Complex) for iPad devices.
- PDS will have implemented the (PDS Idler, PDS Wear and PDS Inspect) modules for iPhone devices.
- PDS will provide customers access to GET and PUSH data in and out of PDS using REST APIs. This will include POST APIs for online belt thickness solutions.
- PDS will provide improved import and export features in our web application.
- PDS will provide add-on integration for iPDS for the Flir One Thermal Imaging Camera Attachment.
- PDS will have implemented support for international customers through language and multiple time zone support.
- PDS will have a better user experience with an integrated module approach in the web application, in line with the iPDS application.
- PDS will simplify the learning experience through improved training material, videos and better training delivery.
- PDS will deliver a better and bug free application.