To configure a 3G/4G connection on a Windows Mobile 6.5, complete the following:
- Selecting 'Wireless Manager':
- If the MobiControl client is already installed, tap 'Connections' under the 'Extras' menu on the Ruggedised Apps screen.
- If the MobiControl client is not already installed, tap 'Settings' under the Programs menu, select the 'Connections' tab and tap 'Connections'.
- Under the 'My ISP' menu tap 'Add a new modem connection'.
- Enter '3G Data' as the name for the connection, select 'Cellular Line (GPRS)' as the modem type and tap 'Next'.
- Enter 'telstra.wap' as the access point name for connecting to the Telstra network otherwise enter the required APN for connection to any other network and tap 'Next'.
- Leave the 'User name', 'Password' and 'Domain' blank, tap 'Finish'.
- Tap 'OK' to close the 'Connections' window.
- Test the connection by opening 'Internet Explorer' and browse to a known website or try and synchronise a ruggedised application on the device.