Views can be used in the PDS software to display graphical data (using graphs and charts), used to display a tabulated list of common data ("information") or used to provide access to create, edit, move or delete data in a particular module.
All views used to display tabulated data can be customised to suit the users requirements, this could include; filtering the presented data, showing or hiding particular columns of information, sorting data a particular way, grouping common data together or changing the order in which the columns of information are displayed.
Tabulated data is always presented through the use of a "data grid".
- Data can be filtered by applying a filter to either a single column or multiple columns in the data grid.
- Click on the down arrow beside any of the data columns, select 'Filter' and enter the filter criteria.
Showing / hiding data columns in the navigation grid
- Most data columns in any data grid can be hidden from view if required.
- Click on the down arrow beside any of the data columns, select 'Columns' and tick a column (to display it) or untick a column (to hide it).
Sorting data in the navigation grid
- Data can be sorted by single or multiple columns.
- Click on the down arrow beside any of the data columns, select 'Sort Ascending' or 'Sort Descending' to sort the data grid accordingly.
- To sort the data by a single data column simply click on the relevant column title.
- To sort on more columns, repeat the process above column by column.
- Common data in the can be grouped by a single or by multiple columns, this is often useful to see trends in data or repeat information.
- Click and drag any of the column headers to the area labelled 'Drag a column header and drop it here to group by that column'.
- To remove a grouping, click on the 'X' beside the column header label.
Clearing any customisation from a data grid
- Once data has been filtered, columns hidden or shown, or data grouped or sorted in any way a yellow user message 'View has been customized. Click here to reset' will appear.
- To simply clear any customisation that has been applied to a data grid click the word 'reset' in the yellow user message.