The following are the most common used device functions on the Motorola MC75 device. These instructions are provided as extracts only from the OEM's User Manual and are not intended to replace any of the original content. Users should always refer to the OEM's User Manual for detailed instructions on using this device.
Features of the MC75 ruggedised device:
Resetting the MC75:
There are two reset functions, warm boot and cold boot. A warm boot restarts the MC75 by closing all running programs. A cold boot also restarts the MC75, and also resets the clock. Data saved in flash memory or a memory card is not lost.
If the MC75 is not functioning properly, perform a warm boot first. If the MC75 still does not respond, perform a cold boot.
- Performing a Warm Boot - Hold down the Power button for approximately five seconds. As soon as the MC75 starts to boot release the Power button.
- Performing a Cold Boot - To perform a cold boot simultaneously press the Power button and the 1 and 9 keys.
Adjusting the Power, Backlight and Keypad Backlight Settings:
To adjust the power settings on the MC75, complete the following:
- Tap 'Start' > 'Settings' > 'System' tab, tap the 'Power' icon and select the 'Advanced' tab.
- Tap the 'Turn off device...' and tick to turn off the device when on battery or external power.
- Select a value from the corresponding drop-down list.
- Tap 'ok'.
To change the backlight settings in order to conserve more battery power:
- Tap 'Start' > 'Settings' > 'System' tab, tap the 'Power' icon and select the 'Battery Power' tab.
- Select the Disable backlight if device is not used for check box and select a value from the drop-down list.
- Select the Brightness tab.
- Tap the Disable backlight check box to turn off the display backlight, or use the slider to set a low value for the backlight.
- Select ok.
To change the keypad backlight settings in order to conserve more battery power:
- Tap Start > Settings > System tab > Keylight icon > Battery Power tab.
- Select the On battery power: Disable keylight if device is not used for check box and select a value from the drop-down list.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Tap the Disable keylight check box to turn off the keypad backlight.
- Select ok.
Using the Stylus:
The stylus is used as a mouse pointer to navigate and select objects on the touch screen of the device.
Touch the screen once with the stylus to press option buttons and open menu items.
Hold the stylus on the screen and drag across the screen to select text and images. Drag in a list to select multiple items.
- Tap and Hold:
Tap and hold the stylus on an item to see a list of actions available for that item. On the pop-up menu that appears, tap the action to perform.
QWERTY Keypad Functions: